2003 Beneteau Oceanis 423
2003 Beneteau Oceanis 423 Zig Zag is proudly offered for sale, exclusively with Ray White Marine. This Beneteau Oceanis 423 has just spent the last 7 years sailing through the Asia Pacific Waters and she is ready to go again!
This is a great yacht with a great story! Everything that you would imagine to be on a sailing yacht is alive and present. Believed to be one of the oldest boat building yards in the world to be run by the family as a majority, this is Beneteau. For over 50 years, Beneteau Yachts have been the go-to choice for avid sailors around the world. Why? Beneteau Oceanis Yachts are designed, engineered and delivered for the safest, most efficient and most enjoyable performance bluewater sailing. With increasingly stable hulls, clear deck plans, simplified manoeuvring, equipment, and interiors lending themselves to personalization, it is no wonder why Beneteau Oceanis has set the standard for sailboat design and construction.
Despite her strong sea legs, she doesn’t sacrifice luxury and comfort. S/Y Zig Zag will be a joy to sail and be your home away from home.
With a hull that is a marvel in hydrodynamics, S/Y Zig Zag delivers superior performance while providing stability and safety under sail. Purchased from the first owner in UK in 2008, the current owners are a vibrant family who decided to transfer the whole family from land to sea. For 7 years, S/Y Zig Zag lived on the River Rhein in Germany and from 2015, the family had decided that they were ready to explore the many wonders of the world and off they went!
From Portugal, the Canary Islands, Kapverdien Islands, Carribbean, San Blas, French Polynesia, Society Islands, Niue, Tonga, New Zealand, Fiji, Vanuatu, Australia, New Caledonia, Solomon Island, PNG, Indonesia and now finally Malaysia, this yacht has lived a wondrous and colourful life, sailing to all corners of the Earth.
The current owners have loved their time onboard S/Y Zig Zag as many fonds memories were created, one of which was time spent in Vanuatu. As quoted by the owners, “we were able to fully integrate life with the locals, sitting at the fire, celebrating their traditional costumes all the while having the flexibility to go home onboard S/Y Zig Zag. The people in Vanuatu are the happiest people on Earth”.
This remarkable example of the highly sought after 2-cabin version, 2 Bathrooms of the Beneteau Oceanis 423 ticks all the boxes for a discerning buyer looking for a fully equipped, fast and comfortable boat to keep cruising or live-aboard. Beneteau Oceanis offered a 2 cabin and a 3 cabin layout in the 423 and the 2-cabin owner version has proven to be the most popular layout.
Cruising is to a large extent about living aboard your boat, so generous living spaces that will comfortably fit the whole family and guest was a must for the current owners. There is a spacious owner’s suite forward of the main bulkhead that includes a head with separate shower stall, plenty of storage space and a big double berth. A very-well designed cabin, it is fully fitted with a super comfortable new Multizone mattress (2015) with washable covers, a Froli Systems Travel Kit sleep system. There is a large handing locker that is located portside and a large bench seat allowing you to climb into bed with ease. An additional locker was integrated on the starboard side with original Beneteau Parts for the original look. There are 2 overhead opening hatches and 2 port windows allowing great ventilation. There is a full walk-in head and shower with enough space to get change and not feel constricted. There is also plenty of stowage under the bed and within the cabinetry. The Aft Cabin can fit a large Queen size berth with several opening hatches and one side hole port. There is lots of hanging lockers and stowage shelves including cubby holes for your shoes and a very handy bench for sitting. Both accommodations have access to an ensuite head and shower.
The salon includes a storage locker above the forward end of the port settee. The table can be lowered, converting the dinette to a very nice double berth. There is also a seat opposite the table with a hinged lid. The large hull portlights bring a fantastic amount of natural light inside the yacht. One of the main advantages of the owner's version is that there is a U galley instead of a linear one, that will make cooking easier and safer underway. The galley is large enough for a true long range cruising yacht, with plenty of counter space and room for a microwave oven. The galley has been updated in 2020 with new galley countertop (2020), new stove burner nozzles (March 2022) and new Fridge electronic unit (2022). There is also substantial pantry space so finding room for a couple month’s provisions is not a problem. The cockpit is well protected with a Bimini and dodger and includes a central cockpit table mounted on the helm station. The helm-station has Raymarine navigation instruments and an autopilot. Plenty of storage space, there are 2 Cockpit AFT lockers, 1 x port and 1 x (very large) Starboard.
You will experience pure pleasure and comfort sailing the Beneteau Oceanis 423. If you are after a solid yacht, with exceptional stability, thanks to a clever design that has her lines providing huge volume below without compromising her sea going abilities, then look no further.
Model/Make: Beneteau Oceanis 423 Clipper
2-cabin owner version
Year: 2003, French-build
Boat was in storage 09/2020 to 04/2022
- Volvo Penta D2 55
- Serviced March 2022: new Impeller, V-belt, filter, oil change
- New 2020: Alternator, Ignition Key switch, electronic controlunit upgraded to LED version
- Raymarine ST60: Multi-, Wind instruments, RL70C Chart plotter and Radar
- P70 color: Autopilot controller (cockpit)
- ST2-90: Autopilot controller (inside at navigation table)
- Course Computer
- Autopilot Hydraulic Steering
- RL70C Chart plotter, Radar display (2nd unit in the cockpit needs new display)
- AMEC Camino-108 WIFI AIS
- Northstar Explorer 725 (same model as Simrad RS 25)
- 2 x Wireless remote unit and charging station (1x Simrad AHK05E, 1 x Northstar 705E), both connect to the radio and at the same time
- One spare Northstar Explorer 725 VHF Radio
Anchor chain 50m a 10mm
- Both Anchors and Chain is double dipped galvanized in Penang (Steelway Hotdip) May 2022
Anchor: 1 Cobra Anchor 16kg, 1 Danforth-type anchor 20 kg Windlass controllable from cockpit New bow roller March 2022
- Webasto Airtop 5000 (5kW)
- 2015 exchanged duct pipes to one size bigger, (some need to get installed in the aft lockers before use)
Antifouling – New 2020
- All LED since 2015
- 2014 new Silentwind 400 W and Controller
- All new Bearings 2022
- Carbon Fibre high efficiency silent blades
- New 2015 Solara 200 W (high efficiency monocrystallin panels)
- New 2022 Starter battery 70Ah
- Jib 130%
- Jib 110% new 2015
- Small Gennaker (with snuffer sock)
- Big Gennaker (with snuffer sock)
- 8m Selden Telescope-Pole (3.3m – 6m) for Gennaker/ Jib-Operations
- 2014 new: Jib block slide position adjustable from the cockpit.
Most running rigging new 2015
Brand new jib sheets 2022 (still haven’t been used)
JIB rollersystem: Bearings serviced completely 2019
Rudderbearings: Redone and Calibrated 2019
New 2019 Yamaha 15HP 2-stroke (in storage 9/2020 to 04/2022)
Outboard engine fuel tanks:
- 24l (Yamaha)
- 14l (Mercury)
- 25l (QuickSilver)
- 2 fuel hoses
- 2nd outboard engine bracket on railing
- Davits (Plastimo, 100kg),
- Dingy Zodiac 1,80m, wooden floor. (Dingy is just still swimming and will transport you places but recommend replacing. Nearing end of life)
- Liferaft Plastimo trans ocean 4 persons last service until 03/2021 (if you happen to use it please feel free to use Irenes glasses which we had packed into it)
- 2018 new MOB buoy with light
- 2015 new Plastimo rescue sling
- Wind Selfsteering (alternative and independent to electrical Autopilot):
- Windpilot Pacific: Elegant and silent Self steering without Electricity
New 2015 Bimini and Sprayhood: including closed tent (with the option to take out different parts of the walls; can choose to put only sprayhood and bimini or complete roof or closed tent)
Tent parts were stored: Good condition because they were not used during cruising. Replaced windows or sprayhood and in the bimini April 2022, a zipper in sprayhood is broken.
Mainsail reefs: 2 Online reefs and a 3rd Manual reef.
- 2022: All hatches are checked for sealing/dryness
- 2015 new Window roller blinds
- 2017 new Mosquito nets for all deckhatches
- 2016 new Caframo Fans in forward and aft cabins, kitchen, navigation table
- 2022 new: cushion covers for all inside seats (old covers still usable)
- 2022 new: new curtains, same fabric as seats
Front cabin bed:
- 2015 new multizone mattress and Froli Systems Travel Kit Sleep System, washable cover
- USB Sockets Retrofitted at navigation desk and forward cabin.
- 2000 Watts 220V inverter, connected to all 220V outlets. Outlets are automatically switched to shorepower if that is available. Inverter-on/off button at switchboard
- 300 Watts 220V inverter. Inverter-on/off button at switchboard.
- 75Watts 18V inverter: (typical Laptop Voltage)
- New galley countertop 2020, new stove burner nozzles March 2022, new fridge electronic unit 2022
- New 2013 Extra non-standard wardrobe in front cabin (build with original Beneteau parts)
- Bathrooms: new toilet in the aft bathroom
- Cockpitlockers: 2x aft lockers, 1x port, 1x (very large) starboard
- 2015 new Railing net: as there was a baby on board. The current owners travelled with three small children from 0-7 years. The railing net can still be used but is down to 30%.
- 1 Casting rod
- 2 small kids rods, one has a reel
- Two rodholders, bag with hooks and lures
- Plenty of tools and spare parts are on board
- Watermaker (belt-driven from the engine)
- One-off water maker: produces around 50l freshwater/ hour.
- Watermakers High-pressure pump seals replaced in 2022
- 2015 new EPIRB GME MT403G (battery exp. Sept 2020)
- 4 Fire extinguishers (2 x inside, 1x engine room automatic, 1 x outside)
Kitchen comes with some cutlery, dishes, cups, glasses, and pots – all ready to be used.
For further information and to arrange a viewing, please contact the agent:
Winnie Le - Phone +61 478 828 675
Email - Winnie@raywhitemarine.com
|Model||OCEANIS CLIPPER 423|
|Type Of Sales||Dealer|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta D2 55|
|Engine Type||Volvo Penta D2 55|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta D2 55|
|Drive Type||Inboard / Shaftdrive|
|Water (Potable) Capacity (l)||581 l|
|Hull Construction Material||Fibreglass GRP|
|Deck Construction Material||Teak|
|Length (feet)||43 feet|
|Length Waterline (m)||12.64 m|
|Beam/Width (m)||3.94 m|
|Dry Weight (kgs)||8858.659 kgs kgs|
|Engine Notes||March 2022: new impeller, V-belt, filter, Oil New 2020: Alternator, Ignition Key Switch, Electronic Control unit upgraded to LED - version Fuel consumption: 2.5L at 1400RPM|
|Horse Power (hp)||55|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||200L plus extra Jerry cans to store on deck l|
|Accomodation Notes||2 - cabin owner version Aft Cabin Berth is prepared to be converted with a curtain-style fallout protection for children. New 2013 Extra non-standard wardrobe in front cabin (built with Beneteau Parts)|
|Number of Toilets||2 Bathrooms: new toilet in the Aft Bathroom|
|Galley Notes||New Galley countertop 2020, new stove burner nozzles March 2022, New fridge electronic unit 2022|
|Entertainment and Appliances Notes||USB Sockets Retrofitted at navigation desk and forward cabin 2000 watts 220V inverter, connected to all 220V outlets. Outlets are automatically switched to shore power if it is available 300 Watts 220V inverter. Inverter - on/off button at switchboard 75 watts 18V inverter (typical Laptop Voltage)|
|Anchor / Winch||Anchor Chain 50m a 10mm Anchor: 1 Cobra Anchor 16kg, 1 Danforth - type anchor 20kg Windlass controllable from cockpit New Bow Roller March 2022 Both Anchors and Chain is double dipped galvanised in Penang (Steelway Hotdip) May 2022|
|Sail Inventory||Mainsail Jib 130% Jib 110% new 2015 Small Gennaker (with snuffer sock) Big Gennaker (with snuffer sock) 8m Selden Telescope - Pole (3.3m - 6m) for Gennaker/Jib-operations 2014 New: Jib block slide position adjustable from the cockpit|
|Electronics Navigation||Raymarine ST60: multi- wind instruments, RL70C Chart Plotter and Radar P70 colour: autopilot controller (cockpit) ST2-90 Autopilot controller (inside at navigation table) Course computer Autopilot Hydraulic Steering RL70C Chart Plotter, Radar display AIS: AMEC Camino - 108 Wifi AIS|
|Dinghy||Dingy Zodiac 1.80m - Nearing end of life|
|Covers||2022 Cushion covers for all inside seats (old covers still usable)|
|Remarks||VHF: Northstar Explorer 725 (same model as Simrad RS 25) 2 x Wireless remote unit and charging station (1 x Simrad AHK05E, 1 x Northstar 705E) both connect to the radio at the same time One spare Northstar Explorer 725 VHF Radio|
|Vessel Name||Zig Zag|